Premature ejaculation is one of the most frequent male problems, affecting at some time in his life 1 of every 3 men. Let us know its causes and some tips to control this sexual dysfunction.
Premature ejaculation is considered as the lack of control over the ejaculatory reflex, with the intercourse being less than 2 minutes. This little spoken disorder, although it affects between 25% and 40% of men, has a solution.
There are two types of premature ejaculation:
- Primary. It is caused by a congenital motive and is characterized by ejaculation in less than a minute after penetration.
- High school. Caused by physical disorder or psychological factors. Ejaculation occurs between 2 and 3 minutes after penetration.
Causes of premature ejaculation
This loss of control during intercourse may be caused by:
- Biological causes.
- Infections in the urinary tract.
- Prostate problems
- Depression or anxiety
- Consumption in large quantities of alcohol.
- Lack of self-esteem.
- Dissatisfaction with sex life.
- Not often when having sex.
- Extreme sensitivity.
How to control premature ejaculation
There are several ways to address premature ejaculation, from muscle exercises, breathing, stimulation techniques, to changing life habits.
- Masturbation. Self-knowledge is essential as a first step to control premature ejaculation. There is an exercise known as “start-stop” that consists of stopping when you are going to ejaculate and let the moment of maximum excitement pass.
- Pelvic floor exercises. Weakness in the muscles of this area can affect ejaculation. Therefore, it is important to strengthen them by means of what are known as “Kegel exercises”. One of them consists in tensing the pelvic floor area (simulates as if interrupting urination to locate the area), maintaining the contraction for 5 seconds and then relaxing for another 3 seconds. Repeat 3 times per day, in a series of 10 repetitions.
- Decrease sensitivity The use of condoms that offer “retarding function” can help delay ejaculation because they contain anesthetic agents and are made of thicker latex.
- Adequate breathing Breathing can also help control premature ejaculation. At the time of intercourse, relaxation can be favored by deeply inspiring air through the nose and exhaling rhythmically through the mouth.
- Remove negative thoughts. To think that nothing has to go wrong.
- Increase the frequency of sexual intercourse. This will prevent the accumulation of excitation.
- Avoid excessive alcohol and other substances.
- Changes in food. Caring for food also plays an essential role. Avoiding saturated fats and increasing the consumption of products rich in citrulline (vasodilator) such as watermelon, are some of the changes that can be made.
- Pharmacotherapy. If the cause of premature ejaculation is a disease, age or hormonal change, the solution consists of a pharmacological treatment, prescribed and supervised by a specialist.
Finally, it is important to remember that talking about the situation and seeing a sexologist in Noida is essential for the solution and premature ejaculation treatment in Delhi. If you need help, we put at your disposal our best sexologist in Noida. Contact us without obligation.